Posted by danosky | Posted in The Philanthropy Therapist | Posted on 16-12-2010
Everywhere in America, fundraisers are wrapping up the year-end activities, trying to raise as much as they can before December 31st. Here is the philanthropy therapist’s top 10 things to check off your list …
10. Is your year-end appeal in the mail? (If not, hurry up!)
9. Do you have your reminder letter ready to go? (Don’t leave any donor stone unturned?)
8. In all the craziness – did you remember to breathe today? Pace yourself – you still have a few weeks to go.
7. Are you all set to make your phone calls to remind your best donors to give (if they haven’t already)?
6. BOARD MEMBERS – HAVE YOU MADE YOUR GIFT YET? (It’s time)
5. Did you update your voicemail letting those special donors know how to reach you if you’re not in the office and they want to make a special gift? (Hey, you never know!)
4. Is your tax and estate attorney on speed-dial, just in case someone wants to make that complicated planned gift? (It happens ….)
3. Did you take a minute to call and thank your best donors? (It is so rewarding)
2. Are you tallying up how much you’ve raised this year …. Giving USA wants to know!
1. Have you decided how to relax and replenish? Be good to yourself. You deserve it. And get ready …. I think 2011 is going to be a very good year